Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Got My Pants Back

There is a documentary film on an artist called Rockwell Kent (that my TCU professor Greg Mansur shot). Kent was a traveler and adventurist and during the McCarthy trials, the U.S. government took away his passport so that he couldn't leave the country. There is a clip in the film of Kent standing on his front porch saying, "my passport is like my pants and I want my pants back!"

In order to obtain a visa for India, I had to mail my passport in almost a month ago. I often just carry my passport with me on trips to the grocery store, you know just in case. And not having it these last couple of weeks has made me nervous.

Well, I'm proud to announce that I've got my pants back!It feels good to have visas.

8 comments:

Nathan said...

i'd like to see this documentary. kent did an awesome illustrated moby dick. however, i understand the man was a communist if anyone ever was.

crackers and cheese said...

I honestly can't imagine Anton without his pants, or without his passport. I'm impressed that you made it this long without it ;)

MairaLG said...

Hi Anton, I write for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and your trip and preparation sounds awesome. I would really like to talk to you about it. Let me know if you are interested. My email is mgarcia@star-telegram.com. Thanks!

Jessica said...

Two of my favorite guys in a house together?! What a dream! Consider some yummy food a done deal...

Oh, and congratulations about your pants.

Bill Webb said...

Anton, I saw your Dad this a.m. and he mentioned your blog. I thought I'd check it out and wish you well on this, your next adventure.

I'll be back.

http://billwebbphoto.blogspot.com/

Martha Elaine Belden said...

stole this from justin pocta.

God i needed to hear this. perhaps you do, too (if you haven't already)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hidvElQ0xE

Cara said...

Haha, you're awesome, Anton. Pictures make every entry ten times better.

Just in case what? You forget about a flight you have, realize this as you're buying orange juice, and have to drop everything and leave the country?

Don't forget to pay for that orange juice.

Also, you're like a blogging celebrity. Who are all these folks?

crackers and cheese said...

Star Telegram interview? Hells yeah! Let us know what comes of this, please!