Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Lonely Planet TV, Keeps Out The Riff-Raff

For the last 2 years I have been scouring Youtube trying to find some decent travel vlogs to watch. I've found a few, but there are just so many videos on Youtube, it is nearly impossible to search efficiently. Then, recently, I stumbled across the video section on Lonely Planet's website, I even created a username and uploaded a few of my travel videos. Then, 2 months later I logged back in and discovered that my videos had been viewed a few thousand times. So yesterday I uploaded my Cyprus video as well. Then today I got an email from a Lonely Planet representative. It turns out that they pay users $500 every once in a while when they decide to feature a user submitted video. They didn't want to buy any of my videos per se, but they were interested to see where I was about to travel and to possibly commission me to make a video for $750. Considering I was already going to be shooting videos the whole way through, I jumped at the offer.

The great thing about LonelyPlanet.tv is that they only accept travel videos, so you can get on the site, do a search for the place you want to go and watch a fellow traveler's experience. Since Lonely Planet is a highly respected travel-trade, the user-submitted videos are usually pretty high-quality. I will be honored to make videos for them.

6 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

awesome, anton!

congrats :)

Nathan said...

kick ass

crackers and cheese said...

Awesome! I went to the page, clicked "Destination Low Down," and there were two of your videos! I'm glad that your videos are being seen by more people on this site, and even better if you make some cash and get featured!

BTW, I think I've gotten spoiled by your high-quality travel videos. I watched a video today made by a missionary, and the camera work was so shaky and unfocused that it was hard not to be distracted and miss the message of the video!

christina said...

so great! i'm really excited for you :)

Cara said...

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

Shout it to yourself like a cheerleader.

Anonymous said...

From Tyrel and Nate (written by Ty, of course):

Dude, we miss chillin with ya in the "rocky" mountains, even though john denver was full of sh*t!

Stay safe in India and everywhere else you go bro, we look forward to chillin with ya again, maybe at Lake Sybil next summer. You know we will bring the good times and you can just sit back and enjoy the show.

You were predestined to kick azz with the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Tyrel & Cool nate (Peace and Love from NATE THE PAGAN, he don't like predestination if you remember correctly)