Friday, August 22, 2008

Driving In Two Legs

I'm just about to walk out the door and embark on a new chapter in my life. I'm driving to Albuquerque this evening, which should take about ten hours, staying at a friend's house, and then driving the second leg to L.A. on Saturday, which should take almost 12 hours. I'm pretty excited about this drive. I get to go through Flagstaff which I've always wanted to see, as well as the Mojave Reserve. Should be a really beautiful drive. While it's expensive, hard on your vehicle and not exactly the most environmentally friendly mode of transit, driving long distances on good roads, from sun up to sun down, is a great way to straighten out your thoughts.

Posting will be sparse over the next few days as I make this drive, settle into L.A. and start a week long gig there. That is, unless I get a Blogger app for my new Iphone, in which case, I'll blog all the time.

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

GET THE BLOGGER APP!

and i just saw your twitter. DON'T BROWSE WHILE DRIVING!!

if you kill yourself on the way to LA, all that support i just gave you will go right out the window!