Sunday, August 10, 2008

One of the Nicest Yet

Tonight I'm being hosted via couchsurfing.com, by a very sweet couple from Houston, who currently live in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam. It's one of the nicest rooms yet, free Wifi, bathroom, nice bed, desk and I'm free to raid the fridge. They are charging me nothing and asking nothing of me. Does this sound too good to be true? Well it's not, it's the strength of the human spirit, it's education and it's loving each other. It's humbling for both parties and it's beautiful. I'm having a really good time here in Vietnam. You really can't imagine it until you're here. It's a great place.

3 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

Awesome, I love the couch surfing community, though I've yet to experience much of it, but I hear good things from my friends' experiences. I've contacted a few people in Boston through couchsurf, perhaps to surf, but also just to meet up, but I haven't heard any responses. Any advice?

Martha Elaine Belden said...

ooh... you're living one of my dreams. someday i sincerely hope to go to vietnam. can't wait to hear all about it!

Cara said...

Mm, yeah, Couchsurfing is awesome.