Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paragliding and Relief

It wasn't that I was nervous to paraglide, I was actually looking forward to it after I didn't get to go last year, but on a subconscious level I was probably terrified. Once we got in the air though, I was having a blast. After two days of beach activities, even after repeated applications of SPF 15 and 30 my nose STILL got sunburned. But the best thing that happened today, was that the footage I thought we lost, it turns out, was backed up by the assistant editor on the first day because he couldn't figure out how to manage the data. So not only did I live through paragliding, I kept my job! Now, if I could just get my hands on some aloe.

4 comments:

cdees39 said...

No pics?

Martha Elaine Belden said...

glad to hear all was not lost.

and i'm SO jealous you went paragliding. i know you don't like it when people say they're jealous... but in this case, i don't care. that's something i've always wanted to do but might not ever be able to. damn vertigo.

your life is so interesting, anton(io). thanks for letting me live vicariously.

Lori said...

How unfortunate for your sunburn! I can sympathise with you, since I burn quite easily myself no matter what I do! I just peeled from a pretty red back-burn. Gross but true! If I had to choose, though, I'd rather go outside and get burnt once in a while then stay inside all the time. That's no sort of life at all! Especially when one would have to pass up paragliding!

Cara said...

Oh, Anton, I'm so glad you still have the footage!! I was becoming anxious for you. I hate it when I make mistakes, and I hate it even more when I can't let them go. I felt bad you had to experience that.