Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Settling In For The Month

Today was day 2 or 3 in the mansion, I don't really know. I'm not even sure what day of the week it is anymore. This is what hapena when you travel for long stretches. The funny thing is though, I actually live here. I haven't slept in my apartment yet since I arrived in town, but technically L.A. is my home now.

Today for the show, I spent the day in Manhattan Beach filming some of the girls getting surf lessons. What a nice little beach community they have there! Our instructor, Chris Brown, or C.B. as everyone calls him, owns a company called campsurf.com. When we got there they were teaching about 20 little wet-suit wearing wee ones how to shred the waves. Being from Texas, the idea of a camp teaching a sport that doesn't intail striking a ball is absurd. I found the whole thing very cool. I also settled into this job and decided to make the most of it.

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i wish i could have taken surfing lessons as a kid.

knowing how to surf would be SO much cooler than knowing how to swing a bat.