Sunday, August 03, 2008

Visas Smisas

Visas are something I just didn't take into consideration on this trip. Most of my travel has been throughout Europe, where Americans don't need visas, so I didn't really think about the fact that both Cambodia and Vietnam require them. Cambodia is easy enough, you can get the visa at the border. You have to pay a bribe to do it, but still it's not hard. Vietnam on the other hand, requires 1-4 days to process your request. It's the 3rd now, I fly out of Saigon, Vietnam on the 12th and I'm in a different place almost every night, so I have no time to wait for my request to process. On top of that, I didn't bring any little passport photos like I knew that I should have, so I've got to figure that out in the morning.

I got terribly ill in India and editing of the video blog had to be put on hold. For it's sake and for my sake I have made the decision to wait and edit it the week I get home. This way the editing will be better and it will have greater posterity. Thank you for understanding.

By the way, greetings from Bangkok!

4 comments:

chirolks said...

Next time you go you will have this all figured out! :)

kyle said...

how about a little photo to let us know that you're at least doing alright?

have a safe trip back home, friend.

laura said...

try to get some rest. and enjoy the sites.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

ditto what kyle said...

:)