Thursday, October 02, 2008

Mysterious Fruit Tablets

After reading this story in the New York Times, I became very interested in hosting a "fruit tripping" party of my own. Deliberate Industries documentation here. So I did a little research and found this website, which seemed reputable, and so I ordered 30 tablets, which even though they were coming from Slovenia, they arrived in about a week. I can't wait to try these out.

Ah yes, to explain; there is a berry that comes from Ghana, that basically rewires your taste buds for about 30 minutes after chewing it, so that anything you eat that normally would taste sour, tastes intensely sweet. I hear that eating raw lemons tastes like eating pixie sticks. The berry was outlawed in the 70's (conspiracy theory) because of the threat it posed to the sugar industry. The tablets contain a concentrated form of the berries, are all natural and side effect free. Other than the side-effect where they make everything you eat delicious of course.

9 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

I have an intense curiosity about the effect of these "mysterious fruit tablets." Aren't there other legal substances in California that you can trip out on? But maybe that doesn't rewire your tastes buds - that definitely sounds far out!

kyle said...

i wonder what it makes LSD taste like?

fruit tripping. sounds like fun.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

ooh... i want to come to this party! too bad you live on the other side of the country now :(

::le sigh::

i guess i'll just have to make due with reading about the party after you've thrown it :)

Ben said...

The fine folks over at the A.V. Club tried this out and reported their findings.

Sounds interesting.

mirandaray said...

woah, trippy.

Lori said...

I had never even heard of this before you introduced me to it here. Strange indeed! It seems plausible enough, perhaps even safe, but I have an inate distrust of anything that alters my senses.

I will wait to find out how your party goes!

Nathan said...

oo i gotta get me some of these.

Cara said...

Update on the party, please.

SEN YUH FARM SCIENCE Co., LTD. said...

you can find the more information about the Miracle Fruit tablet is on the below website.

http://www.mymfruit.com/ OR

http://mysterious-fruit.blogspot.com/