Sunday, November 09, 2008

Chernobyl Leads to Gogol Bordello

No, no Kyle, honest mistake, it wasn't NPR, but NPR's evil twin PRI and it's show Studio 360 that had Eugene Hütz on as a guest, telling the story of how the Chernobyl disaster led to his discovery of the power of gypsy music. Listen for his use of the word cathartic. I can't wait for the day when I can properly insert that word into a sentence.
(click on the image to go to the Studio 360 page)

But Kyle, thank you for linking to the Fresh Air interview, I can't wait to listen to it!

4 comments:

crackers and cheese said...

Are NPR and PRI actually nemeses of one another?

kyle said...

ooo this makes me really excited to hear more hütz-isms. thanks tony.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

oh man... i love gogol bordello. they need to come to dallas again ASAP!

Cara said...

I hope I'm there when you use the word cathartic. Maybe we can watch the cathartic burning of a frozen banana stand.