Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

I've been listening to a lot of hip-hop lately. A direct result of my work with a graffiti supply company. This particular set of songs, The Hood Internet Mixtape Volume III has been in a pretty constant rotation on my iPhone for the past few weeks, although I think I've finally retired it. I also enjoyed this song by Kanye West called "Gifted."

I've been subscribed to the Jackass World RSS feed for quite a while now, but I let it get away from me and had about 90 posts waiting for me last week. I'd been hearing murmurings about a new show featuring one of the great stunt performers and showmen of our age, Travis Pastrana, called Nitro Circus and had been looking forward to seeing it 
on MTV. But it turns out that it's executive produced by Jeff
Tremaine and the Jackass boys, and they're actually posting the entire show on the Jackass World Website. I love watching human beings fly through the air, it's true. And when Travis Pastrana jumped out of an airplane WITHOUT A PARACHUTE, my jaw dropped open. It was a shocking sight. And then I dreamt about it all night (it happens in episode 1). Jackass could be hit or miss from skit to skit, but in my opinion, Jackass was high art. Let it be known that I also absolutely LOVE Wild Boyz.

I could keep going, but I don't want you to get the wrong impression of me. I also like tea and classic literature. But let's keep it honest.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Now you're finally on the same page as me with hip-hop. haha. sometimes I have to remind myself that I have other music. There's something about the music that sort of draws me in - especially if I'm driving. Going to check out the playlist you linked. awesome.