Friday, March 20, 2009

It's About to Get Crazy (Busy)

Just a quick update to give you a little layout of my schedule for the next 11 days. I'm shooting 4 days of behind the scenes on a low-budget National Lampoon style comedy. The movie is ridiculous and the behind the scenes are going to be even ridiculous-er. Early next week I'm sitting in on a color-correction session with a friend of mine who is a D.P. on a major network show. I guess that doesn't count as work, but I kind of consider myself an apprentice to him. Later next week I'll shoot one or two commercials for apartment complexes in the Rancho Cucamonga area East of Los Angeles. The U.S. may be having an economic crisis, but all those homes being foreclosed upon in suburban sprawl America is making for one hot suburban sprawl apartment grab. So true to my capitalist nature, I'm capitalizing on the booming apartment market. Next weekend I'm slated to D.P. three hilarious shorts for Team Tiger Awesome that I guess are going to air on Fox Reality channel. I've been a Team Tiger Awesome fan from the very start, so it's an honor for me to be working for them.

The idea is that I'm trying to do as much work as humanly possible over the next month and a half, to raise money for the movie that we are shooting in New Zealand in May. I don't want to burn myself out, but I love what I do. I'm literally praying to God that the work keeps coming. We've got a lot of equipment to rent for the movie and I've got a lot in taxes to pay. I know I've been quiet on the project, but if you would like to invest, it's a golden opportunity :D .

I promise to fill you in a little bit more on the movie before we leave.

1 comment:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

man, you know if i had any money i would invest in a heartbeat. and someday when i do... i hope i can.

i'll invest some prayer time... does that count for something?