Sunday, April 05, 2009

List Making Calms The Nerves

I'm running a 5k at 7am. I've been lying here in bed for the past 2 hours not able to sleep with my mind racing. It's my own fault really. After my busy two weeks, I allowed myself to get into the habit of staying up far too late and staying in bed in the morning far too long. The main focus of my thoughts are the many things that must be done before leaving on May 5th to make this movie in New Zealand. As I mentally poured over the many details of the trip and the production process I started becoming anxious, a feeling that's been rare an unwelcome for the past few months. Realizing that I wasn't going to bed any time soon, I got my headlamp, a pen and my notebook and began writing a to-do list. I came up with 20 individual tasks that need to be completed within the next two weeks. It's a little daunting to see it laid out like that, but I know from insomnia past that getting these things out of my head and on to paper is a good way of freeing myself from the anxiety of them weighing on my sub-conscious.

One ray of hope that is beaming right now is the strong possibility that an actress will be accompanying us on our trip. She is perfect for the role of the main female love interest and she is very enthusiastic about the project. This would make our filmmaking process so much easier and we are going to do everything we can to bring her with us.

Now that I have all of that out of my head in a tangible way, I'm going to shut everything back down and see if I can get four and a half solid hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I've become nocturnal lately too. Awake until 5 or 6am, up again by noon. Its interesting to live like this. Refreshing. Exhausting. Lonely.

I also enjoy making lists. Seeing everything laid out in order, knowing that the tasks can be stroked off the paper once completed, its comforting.