Saturday, May 23, 2009

Our Lost Compact Flash Card

We took a 10 mile bike ride. We took the metro to Bondi Junction and then walked to Centennial Park to rent bicycles to ride over to Bondi Beach. Along the way, our CF memory card for our camera became full, so Jonathan switched it out for our other card. In Australia, we're shooting a pilot for a new television concept. We'd shot an entire day, our only sunny day in Sydney and everything was on that card. We rented the bikes, road to the beach, sat on the beach and ate lunch, rode back and then took the metro back home. We were all over the city that day. Two days later, I went to download the footage off the camera and one of the CF cards was gone. When I told Jonathan, he went white. He'd put the card in a little pocket on the side of the camera bag and it had slipped out while we were riding bikes. We both looked out the window, it had been raining for two days and it was nighttime. There was only one thing to do. The next morning, we woke up, got on the train to Bondi Junction and began to walk the path of our bike riding day. About a mile into the walk, along the path, near where we'd rented the bikes, Clint and I both spotted the little memory card in the grass along the path. Neither one of us could talk. The chances of finding such a small thing in an entire metropolitan city, are incredibly slim. But we found it and even after being rained on and sitting in the grass for two days, the card works.

I prayed, God came through. That's that.

4 comments:

Martha Elaine Belden said...

so amazing. i'm so glad you found it :)

crackers and cheese said...

Wow. Yes, definitely an answered prayer :)

Sara said...

anton, that is so incredible.

sarah said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://carusbcharger.com