Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Joining Infinite Summer

For some reason, I made a snap decision to purchase David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest" on my Kindle tonight. I was going through some posts on Kottke.org and I came across a reminder that an online book club had just begun called Infinite Summer. Here is the mission statement of the website:

THE CHALLENGE

Join endurance bibliophiles from around the world in reading Infinite Jest over the summer of 2009, June 21st to September 22nd. A thousand pages1 ÷ 92 days = 75 pages a week. No sweat.

I'm a notoriously slow reader, but I'm diving in headfirst.

3 comments:

kyle said...

this sounds like loads of fun. but i'm like you, i just finished a 630 pager after starting it a year ago. but this "infinite jest" has always intrigued me.

hmm, a thousand pages?

Justin said...

I've been thinking about doing this too! We'll see how much gumption I can work up by this weekend.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i'd consider it more strongly if i weren't about to start seminary and have a list the length of my forearm of theological books to start reading so i don't overwhelm myself come september.

oh well... i'll root for you instad :)