Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Running Goal Update #3

Running is one of my favorite mind-clearing activities. Last year I was running up to twenty miles at a time and up to forty miles in a week. After a strange achilles injury in the early Spring of 2009, I shifted my workout focus and decided to put on as much muscle-mass as possible before acting in our movie in May of 2009. For two months, I stopped running and focused on weight-training. I ended up putting on about twenty pounds of muscle in two-months. Now that the movie is over and done with, I'm getting back on my running regimen, except that this time around, I'll be focusing on more speed work and less distance and endurance. So far, the longest I've run is two miles, coming in with a time of 15:58. My last five, first-mile times, were 7:35, 7:55, 7:30, 7:23 and 7:27. My goal is to run a 3.2 mile race in under eighteen minutes before 2010.


No comments: