Sunday, July 19, 2009

Too Long For Twitter

I've been reluctant to update lately because I feel that update after update just cheapens my claim to be a writer, if I just continue to write about my day to day life, I fear this blog will become a personal journal, which was never my intention. Nonetheless, allow me to give you a quick update on my day to day activities lately.

I'm here in Dallas-Fort Worth, working for a client, directing commercials for Youtube. We have 7,000 subscribers and are coming up on three million views, so it's been a very positive experience over the last two years and I'm grateful to have the work. With the completion of our movie in New Zealand, I thought I had closed a chapter of my life on international travel, at least for a year, but I was wrong - I'm spending the end of July and early August in Spain, visiting my brother who now lives there. But this weekend, I've been taking a camera class put on by the Texas Film Commission to train film loaders and 2nd A.C.'s for film industry work. The class has been great and I'm being overloaded with knowledge on a field that I just can't get enough of. I'm very grateful to have the opportunity to learn from the seasoned professionals chipping in to teach the class and for getting the chance to get hands on with all the camera gear, both film and high-def.

Ok, this isn't going well, thanks for reading anyway, lots of big news soon, love you.

5 comments:

Brandi aka B, Bran, b-roe, brando said...

thanks for the update! can't wait to hear the big news...also, la loves and misses you too :)! have fun on your trip!

James Rhodes said...

why would you worry about it becoming a personal journal ? I mean basically thats what a blog is. A log, a journal, same diff...

Besides, your blog is already a personal journal ...

Anton P. S. said...

Yeah James, you're right.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

have fun trippin', anton(io)

see ya when you get back.

mirandaray said...

i wasn't kidding before. when you get back to this country, i want to hear all your stories...