Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Things Underway

It's only been six days since my last post, but it feels like a quarter of a century has passed. There are a lot of new things going on, both in my life and in the world of pop culture. I'm excited for the new version of the video editing software Final Cut Pro 7 (although I'm a little disappointed that it's not fancier), the new Mac OS - Snow Leopard, Where The Wild Things Are comes out soon and oh yes, I'm back living in L.A.!

Last week, I packed up the few possessions I have left, threw them in my car and drove out here. I was fighting the flu and after the first day, after driving thirteen hours, I came down with a fever in a lonely Motel room in the middle of the Arizona desert. That was not a fun night. The next day, I woke up feeling better, but after taking a few doses of Dayquil and driving another eleven hours, I somehow drove two hours past L.A. and ended up at the Mexican border and had to talk a border guard into letting me U-turn back into the United States. That was another miserable experience. But I got here. And now I'm living in style, subletting from my best friends, a married couple, who have been gracious enough to let me stay in their beautiful, furnished home near Venice. I am unbelievably blessed to be staying here in an actual home with real furniture, internet, television, movies, guitars - it's incredible. My hope is that the work will pick up out here and I'll be able to shoot the final scene of my movie as well as some pickup shots. There are a few reasons I'd like to get back to Dallas-Fort Worth soon, but for now, I'm very happy to be here in L.A. with my wonderful friends and working.

I'm editing from home tomorrow and should have some time to write, so hopefully some good content will be arriving on this page soon. Thank you for checking in every once in a while. I even have a short story that I may share with you if you care to read it.

3 comments:

kyle said...

Ooooh, short story? Yes please, I'd like some of that.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i care to read it, as well.

thanks.

Cara said...

Does the short story involve a young man accidentally driving into Mexico? That seems story-worthy.