Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009 In Pictures Part 2 of 3 (Places)

I actually traveled less in 2009 than I had in the last few years, although it may not look that way by these pictures. The places I was given the opportunity to visit, were spectacular.
In late February, I flew to French Polynesia to shoot a television show.
We went on a SNUBA dive on the island of Bora Bora.
The French are the main tour operators around the French Polynesian islands.
On the way to a jungle trek on the main island of Tahiti, this tree had fallen across the road. We chopped it down with a machete and then drove over it in a Land Rover Defender.
I flew to Mobile, Alabama and shot an event that a friend of mine was hosting. It was one of my first stays in the American South. I loved it more than I thought I would.
I ended up on a beautiful Wine Vineyard near Malibu, California, shooting behind the scenes on a movie.

We traveled to New Zealand to shoot our movie "More Than It Is." This little RV was a big part of our movie, as well as our transportation and lodgings.
We went to Milford Sound, on the South Island, and I saw the most beautiful sunset of my life.
We flew from New Zealand to Sydney, Australia and immediately went and saw the Opera House and harbor.
We went and saw Bondi beach on a beautiful day, even though Winter was setting in.
Clint came and joined us in Australia and we traveled to the outback and hiked around Uluru (Ayers Rock).
One of our best days in Australia was spent hiking Kings Canyon.
It rained almost every day we were in New Zealand and Australia, but we had a brilliant blue sky for our hike through Kings Canyon.

We took a Great Barrier Reef diving tour around The Whitsundays.
I'm not SCUBA certified, but I was able to dive up to 13 meters.
I flew to Spain to visit my brother and we went up into the Pyrenees mountains and saw a bunch of medieval villages.
On the way back from Spain, I stopped in NYC to visit Clint and we went to Shake Shack.
We saw some bands play in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on a beautiful afternoon.
I spent a month working on the ABC television show The Deep End, which shot in Dallas.
I directed a holiday themed rap video and we layed down the music at a studio in Dallas.
Still more to come from 2009...

2 comments:

Sarah Kay said...

What is SNUBA diving? lol

Great pictures.

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i wondered the same thing. hahah