Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quick Update (Kindle vs. iPad)

My absence from this blog is inexcusable. I've been very busy over the past few weeks, pre-producing a couple of spots that I'm directing. I have thoughts on this Kindle vs. iPad debate that I'd like to share in a big, long, expository post - basically, the iPad is an interactive digital magazine (a few weeks ago, this was a portrait of an impossible future) and the Kindle is an interactive, digital book (obvs). The Kindle has a digital ink screen (readable in direct sunlight), while the iPad has a backlit screen and a processor (10 hours of battery life for the iPad, vs. 2 weeks with the Kindle). The two devices are different and serve different market segments and are therefore not in direct competition.

I'll be back later this week with more of a complete update, including thoughts on the future of cinematography and filmmaking.

Thank you for your patience.

No comments: