Monday, March 08, 2010

Spending April in L.A.

At the end of the week, I'll be packing up my car and heading (with Cole) to the South by Southwest film, music and interactive festival in Austin, Texas. I'll be spending the weekend there, seeing some friends and checking out all the free events at coffee shops around downtown. From Austin, I'll be heading to L.A., stopping first in Santa Fe to visit my best friend (he's currently there working on one of the biggest films of the year), then driving to the Grand Canyon for a night and then finishing the drive to L.A.

We'll be hanging out in L.A. for a few days, basically having a Spring Break "vacation". And then at the end of the week, we'll be flying back to DFW. What I'm trying to get at, is that I'm leaving my car in L.A. - I've rented a room with my friend Jessica for the month of April and I've booked a solid month of work, camera-operating on two different projects. It's not a permanent move back. If I don't book more work on into May, I'll pack up my car, this time cleaning out my storage unit, and I'll drive all the way back to Dallas-Fort Worth with all of my belongings.

In the coming months, I will be establishing a permanent office in Dallas-Fort Worth, while continuing to "commute" to L.A. to work with the clients I have made there.

Here's my schedule for March and April:

12 March - Drive to Austin
13 March - Spend night in Austin
14 March - Drive to Santa Fe
15 March - Drive to Williams, AZ (Grand Canyon)
16 March - Drive to L.A.
17 March - L.A.
18 March - L.A.
19 March - L.A.
20 March - Fly to DFW
21, 22 March - DFW
23 March - Fly to Minneapolis
24, 25 March - Minnesota/Wisconsin
26 March - Fly back to DFW
27, 28, 29 March - DFW
30 March - Fly to L.A.
April - L.A.
May - Drive back to DFW with everything I own.

2 comments:

heather hub said...

Wow! Well if you're going to start doing a driving commute to L.A. very often, feel free to crash in Denver sometime! I have plenty of room and this city is freaking cool. I'd be happy to play tour guide. :)

Martha Elaine Belden said...

i've updated my calendar, thanks

:D