Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Want To Go To Iceland

I love the far North and the far South (speaking in terms of hemispheres) in the summertime. Scotland, Minnesota, and the South Island of New Zealand are some of my favorite places in the world to be in the summer months (Tasmania and Patagonia are on my list next!). The days are long and cool and the tough, dark Winter weeds out the weaklings, leaving strong people with rich character. This year, I can't stop thinking about Iceland. I've already missed my Summer window I'm afraid, but right now, I'm in the middle of a long stretch of freelance work, meaning that I'm going to have a little extra money this Fall. I looked at plane tickets and found that the cheapest airfare to Iceland is from late September to mid-Fall. In July, the days are 22 hours long. In January, the days are only 4 hours long. In October though, the days are 9 hours long, still leaving plenty of time to take in the scenery.

I'm very seriously looking into flying to Iceland for a week, to shoot some video, meet some locals and get to know the culture a little bit. Maybe Iceland's recent ad-campaign is working on me subconsciously?

Check out a few photo sets from street/blogger, fashion/photographer Yvan Rodic: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

No comments: